The Packhorse Bridge, built in about 1446, forms part of the trade route
from Bury-St Edmunds to Cambridge.
Originally built with low walls to accommodate the packs the animals would
The river Kennet flows through the village, where a fine "Packhorse
Bridge" which dates from the 15th century spans it. This bridge has four
pointed arches and a low parapet to ensure a safe journey for the goods carried
by the pack-horses along its narrow roadway.