1254 A Vicarage is valued at £10 and portioned to monks of Stokes
(Stoke by Clare) £1.16s.
1535 The valued had dropped to £5. 5s 10d
1831 1 curate with stipend £40 p.a. Glebe house unfit for occupation.
1855 Rev Carwardine
1881 Rev. Thomas Carwardine with a housemaid and servant.
1896-1908 Rev Edward Jones.
1923 Rev William Chandler arranged for it’s sale on 21st June to
Brigadier General A.F. Horne for a sum of £560 with the note that if left much
longer without renovations ‘would have become unsaleable’.
1925 United with Tuddenham
Circa 1930 Some years later the house was unoccupied and the out
buildings were used as an incubating area for poultry eggs reared by Frank
Jennings and Harold Taylor.
1946 Shown on the site plan for the 1946 estate auction
Circa 1947 The main house a thatched building was demolished.
1960 Vicarage Farm was sold for £89
Vicarage Farm is mentioned in the 1846 and
1855 directories as owned by the Wing family who also occupied Hall Farm.